We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Post last updated on 9/28/21
Table of contents
- Setting Up An Epson WF-7720
- Epson WF-7720 Tips and Tricks
Setting Up An Epson WF-7720
Setting up an Epson WF 7720 is pretty straightforward, for the most part. But, please remember it is a big machine! The reason I went with the Epson WF 7720 is that it can print 13 x 19 Sublimations! It isn’t an eco tank, but it is a good printer that will print large format. Don’t forget to download the drivers onto your computer to allow your printer to work the best.
Do I have to use the ink that comes with the Epson WF-7720?
There is some controversy about using the ink that comes with it first, then adding in Sublimation Ink. BUT if you use the regular ink first, you will know if your machine will work properly, and it’s easier to troubleshoot the issue from the beginning. It’s either the ink or the device, but it boils down to personal preference.
I personally popped in the original cartridges, turned on the printer, and let it go through the chips’ reading. Then, I printed something as suggested. After printing, I clicked on settings, then Maintenance, and clicked change the cartridges to convert it to a Sublimation Printer.
Epson Printers for Sublimation
Why? Because Epson will know that you put in their ink, and it keeps your warranty in place. If you put in Sublimation Ink first, it will VOID the warranty. (I did it to cover my own tail, and have the warranty.) BUT as soon as you add Sublimation Ink and NON-Epson Cartridges, your warranty is voided anyway, so again, personal preference.
Other people have popped in the original ones, turn the printer on and let it go thru its reading of the chips. DO NOT PRINT ANYTHING. Then, go to settings, maintenance. Click change cartridges and put in the sub cartridges filled with your chosen brand of ink.
Can you not put in the original cartridges into the WF-7720?
YES, You can skip that if you want too. Just place your sublimation cartridges into the printer, do a printer head cleaning, and a nozzle check until the paper shows all of your colors. Then, print something with Sublimation Paper, and press. *Some people do it this way without issue.
I’ve also seen others, not put in the original ones, do the printer head cleaning the nozzle check and start printing without issues.
Epson WF 7720 Tips and Tricks
This printer also works for sublimation, and you’ll just need empty refillable cartridges and sub-ink to “convert” your printer to sublimation printing. Converting your printer is as easy as putting Sublimation ink into reusable cartridges and letting the printer go through the steps.
My number 1 tip is this:
Always be sure to have clean hands when handling your sublimation paper.
Which ink is best? Or What is the Best Sublimation Ink for Epson WF-7720?
Best is in the eye of the beholder. There are some great inks, and there are some that aren’t so great. So with that being said, I prefer Sub Zone, Cosmos Ink, or Printers Jack. I started with Printers Jack because Cosmos Ink was out for two weeks, and I was tired of waiting. The Best Sublimation Ink is Sub Zone, hands down!
- Make sure your cartridges are full.
- Take a syringe and pull 3/4-1” of ink from the bottom opening. Then return it to the bottle. This will get the ink flowing. Do one at a time and see if that helps.
- Have you cleaned the heads? (use the settings feature)
- Print something every day to keep your ink primed and ready to use. It also keeps the air out of your lines or cartridges.
- Make sure you turn off fast printing. You want nice crisp prints, to allow for your substrate to look it’s best.
- The side you print on is matte, no matter what brand of paper you use.
- Change your setting to premium matte paper for the best results.
- Change your paper setting to high standard plain paper and output high.
- Switch brands of your Sublimation paper. I’ve seen LOTS of issues from the brand A Sub and switching TextPrint R paper. You might even have to switch from 125 to 120 “weight” paper. I’ve had great success with Printers Jack paper from Amazon!
- If your paper is jamming, be sure you don’t have a piece of foam stuck in the rollers.
- Cleaning your roller wheels with rubbing alcohol if you are getting “pizza lines” on your prints.
- If you are having trouble getting your Epson WF-7720 to print a color or even colors try these Inkjet Printer Purge Files .
- If your printer isn’t reading the cartridges, get rubbing alcohol, and wipe the chip. Be sure you wipe the bottom where the ink comes out onto the printer paper too. Then let them dry, and replace them into the Epson WF-7720. I use one Alcohol Prep Pads per cartridge, so there is no mixing of the colors.
- If you are getting lines on your paper that don’t belong, wipe off the bottom of the printhead. You can slide pieces of paper towels under it clean up ink if needed. Commonly referred to as Pizza Wheel Lines on your print out.
- Replace your cartridges every few months, or when you run out of a color. Just have a system in place, so you know when you changed what color last.
- Keep a backup set of cartridges on hand at all times. You never know when a chip will go bad, and you will need it.
Epson WF-7720 Tips and Tricks
- Once converted, you can only use your printer for Sublimation Printing. You will need another printer for normal printing.
- If you need to reset your printer, unplug it and leave it unplugged for about 15 minutes. Plug it back in, and try printing again.
- You might have to replace the cartridges but only do that as a last resort.
- Keep a level head. Once you get all of the kinks worked out the Epson WF-7720 will work like a charm.
Order your paper, empty refillable cartridges, and sublimation ink from the same person you are going to continue to use.
Want to know the best places to get supplies like paper and ink? We have them broken down for you to check out the cheapest prices but the best quality!
- 6 Best-Selling Materials That Are Used for Blowout Paper
- What Is The Best Sublimation Printer?
- Epson WF 7720 Tips and Tricks
- No Pressing Pillow? No Problem
- Sublimation Sizing & Placement Chart
- Sublimation Glossary
Frequently Asked Questions
Will an Epson WorkForce WF-7720 work for Sublimation Printing?
Yes, it will work for Sublimation once you convert your cartridges. The Epson WF-7710 will also work.
Is Epson WF-7720 A Sublimation Printer?
Yes, as well as the WF-7210, WF-7710, and the WF-7720. You just have to buy Sublimation Ink, Sublimation Paper, and of course the printer of your choice.
Can I use an Epson Printer for Sublimation?
Yes, but they MUST be converted and not all are able to be converted.
How long with Sublimation Ink Last?
It is recommended you use your ink in your printer by 6 months. *If you are printing daily that will not be an issue and this is only a rule of thumb.
Where can I download the driver for Epson wf-7720?
Epson has all of their printers on their website, but if you need to download it, do so here.
Where can I get an Epson 7720 Sublimation Kit?
Can I use sublimation ink in my Epson printer
Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience. Non Epson inks and inks not formulated for your specific printer may cause damage that is not covered by the Epson warranty. BUT with all of that being said, Epson now has the
SureColor F170 Dye-Sublimation Printer that is made specifically for Sublimation Ink. So converting printers could be a thing of the past.
Can you convert Epson WF-7720 to sublimation?
Yes! Yes, but they MUST be converted which is easy I promise.
What Epson WF printers can be converted to sublimation?
Epson Workforce models WF-7210, WF-7710, and WF-7720 work for Sublimation. You just have to buy Sublimation Ink, Sublimation Paper, and of course the printer of your choice.
What is the best sublimation ink for Epson WF-7720?
What replaced the Epson 7720?
The WorkForce WF-3640 offers enhanced productivity and flexible paper handling for small offices.
When did Epson WF 7720 come out?
The Epson WF 7720 came out on November 10, 2017. The Epson WF-7720 is a high-capacity printer with a monthly duty cycle of up to 35,000 pages. It also has a sleek design and a paper capacity of up to 2,350 sheets. It can print on more than 100 types of paper, cardstock, and envelope stocks. This printer has a paper output tray with extra capacity and an output capacity of up to 150 sheets.
What size paper does the Epson 7720 use?
11 x17 as well as 8 1/2 by 11. My favorite Sublimation Paper is Printer Jacks!
How do I update my Epson WorkForce 7720?
Under downloads you will choose the operating system you are using. Click the download button beside Epson Software Updater and download it to your computer. After you have it downloaded, you click start and the Epson WorkForce 7720 will update.
- Sublimation Glossary
- How to Figure Sublimation Costs
- 6 Materials That Are Used for Blowout Paper
- What Is The Best Sublimation Printer?
- Epson WF 7720 Tips and Tricks
Last update on 2021-10-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Packaging Supplies are essential when it comes to shipping your products. But we all know that we can’t spend a lot of money on them. However, in my experience, you get what you pay for! That’s why I do my purchasing from this retailer. They have a variety of products, all of which are affordable, and their customer service is great! Shop for packaging supplies now.